You are invited to create new articles, add new sections to this article, raise questions or comments on the discussion page or project/portal Forum page, or send feedback by email to email@example.com
By accomplishment, we mean human accomplishment, as our subject is social development.
- The construction of a bridge and the creation of grammar for a language can serve as examples of a small physical act and a significant mental accomplishment.
Accomplishments, apart from varying in size and significance, divide themselves into the three planes of physical, vital, mental.
- A man repeats what others have done for long by building a house for himself. It is an accomplishment for him, in his life, not for a wider plane.
- Man reaching the moon is an accomplishment for humanity.
- The Secret revealed to the world an old wisdom. It has taken the world by storm. It is not an accomplishment in creating a new power, but an accomplishment in revealing to the world its own hidden treasure.
- A girl steals at the age of 16, and is ostracized by her community and school, while another girl, against the collective will, offers her friendship, weans her away from stealing. It is a psychological accomplishment of the highest order for her who did it.
- Darcy’s accomplishment in winning Elizabeth in Pride & Prejudice was one of a romantic ideal and of self-conquest.
- Not to react or be annoyed is no mean accomplishment. It is on the level of Mind and Spirit.
- America is the accomplishment of the immigrants at the physical level of prosperity in the 19th century. In the 20th century, their accomplishment was total -- political, military, economic, and global.
Any whole has its unit. Even as the house has the brick as the basic unit, we can say that the cell is the unit of the human body or the atom is the unit of matter.
- A word may serve as a unit of language.
- Going down further, a letter can be described as a more basic unit of the language.
- Does the nation have a unit? Either the village or the individual can be that unit.
- An army of thousands or even millions has its company as the unit.
- Units can be physical (one brick), vital (one word), mental (one thought).
- An impulse is a psychological unit.
- A cell is a biological unit.
We concentrate on the unit of Accomplishment and conceive that it is an ACT.
- Unless one enters into the domain of logic and through it the kingdom of philosophy, discussions on acts, accomplishments, etc. will have very little sense for his material work or life.